After banking with them for several years I chose to use one of the balance transfer checks that they were constantly sending to transfer a balance. It said right on the check it was to be interest free for a year.

When I got my credit card statement thy were charging me interest on the transfer.

After several phone calls totaling almost 4 hours I was told that they were not going to honor the interest free because it appeared the bank it was being transfered from mistyped the check #. I am curently working on closing all my accounts with Charter One and suggest others do as well.

Comments

CharterOne
Riverside, Rhode Island, United States #746276

Hello Ssr2k, I am from Charter One's Office of the Chairman. I am sorry to hear about your experience, and I would like to learn more to see how we can best help.

In order to talk with you regarding your concerns, we need to speak with you one-on-one.

Can you please email your name and a phone number we can reach you at to AskCharterOne@charterone.com? (Please do not include any personal information such as social security numbers or account numbers in your email.) Thanks -- we look forward to hearing from you!

You clearly didn't read correctly. They began charging interest immediately on a interest free offer due to their error and refused to fix it. By the way my credits fine and my new bank is great.

Novi, Michigan, United States #687418

:p lol...there's a flat fee for initiating a balance transfer...a ONE TIME FEE, that you AGREE TO before you initiate the balance transfer...were you asleep when the banker went over this with you, or didn't you care at the time, trying to rush out of the bank WHERE YOUR MONEY IS because flying home is more important? Within the 1st year, it presents a 0% APR...you know, an additional life line they granted you because you jacked your credit so bad...in which if you don't "knock your balances down", you'll get hit with an EVEN HIGHER APR after that year has expired (the intention, obviously, to pay everything down within the year). I'm suprised they even offer such a generous product to customers who CANT ALREADY pay their bills on time...hope this helps.